Sterly and Carling

Sterly and Carling
So in Love

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas Vacation

          So I am officially on my Christmas Vacation.  My plans for today are to get my house clean and then after wards continue to make money for some families in need for Christmas.  My Parents are so super cool.  They gave each of their children a challenge at Thanksgiving.  We all got an envelope with $100 enclosed and a note that said that this was part of our Christmas money, we are supposed to use it to make more money before Christmas, then give it all to a Family in need.  All of my siblings were so excited and I think every one at least doubled the money they received.  It has made this month a little more stressful but absolutely worthwhile.  On Christmas Morning we all put an envelope on the Christmas Tree at my Parents house and inside it says what we did this Christmas to help someone in need.  This has been a long time tradition in the family because of the story "The Christmas Envelope" by Nancy W. Gavin found at:
http://www.best-christmas-stories.com/2008/12/the-christmas-envelope/
The hundred dollar challenge was a new twist and it was really fun.
Since I work at a Head Start I know of many families in need so the challenging part is getting stuff for them not finding someone in need.  One of my friends from the mission helped donate a ton of stuff to my Head Start center you can read about it at http://thevocalsokool.blogspot.com/ she is absolutely amazing!!
Well I have got to go, so I will talk to anyone who is out there listening later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment