Sterly and Carling

Sterly and Carling
So in Love

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Opening your Senses

So one day during the summer I went outside and just wrote down everything I felt and sensed, it was awesome I read this all the time and just relive that moment.  I thought I would share my musings, and encourage you in your own. This is a great way to bring peace to yourself and make you feel more in touch with the world around you.  Sometimes we get lost in all the crazy frantic business and forget to really stop and see what beauty surrounds us.

Warm sun bakes my hands and face
The fragrance of country foliage and soil reaches my nose 
Small insects and prickly grass brush my skin
The sound of a chirping cricket touches my consciousness
The twittering of birds fills the air with wonder
The coolness of earth and the heat of air mix and intertwine
I watch the beauty of fluttering leaves in the wind
My eyes communicate the roughness of stone to my fingertips
Cars hum down a mountain road
The feathery tips of the grass sway gently in the cool breeze
The clouds meander past at their own pace
I can almost taste the scent of amber cream on my hands and arms
Old wood tells a tale of times past and days gone by
TASTE THE BEAUTY OF THE DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment